Tuesday, July 11, 2017

CAS-ual Fridays 'Funky Flakes'

Merry Christmas!! yes, we will all be saying that in a few short months so its time we all got a wiggle on and made some cards! ;-)

I was away last week, enjoying 'du vin et fromage' in sunny France, so I missed the start of the month long ABC Christmas Challenge's new theme!

'N' is for NEW
and 
'O' is for OLD 
of course it must be a Christmas/Holiday creation too

I used some new Tim Holtz Oxide Inks and quite old CAS-ual Fridays 'Funky Flakes' dies to make this CAS card 



I started by swiping some Worn Lipstick Oxide Ink onto a craft mat and spritzing with water, I then smooshed a piece of watercolour paper across it and when I was happy with the look I dried it with my heat tool before repeating with Broken China. I then spritzed the whole thing with Sparkle Shimmer. 
I used the same Worn Lipstick ink to colour the pieces of card used for layering. 


I die cut the lovely 'Funky Flakes' and smothered them with prism glitter, so super sparkly IRL. 

I finished by adding a few sequins and inking up a piece of scrap card with the ink and spritzing with water, once dry I stamped the sentiment in black.

I finished the inside to match the front. 



We are sponsored by 

Fred She Said


Prize - $10 Gift Certificate!

*******

Sweet Stamp Store

Prize - $10 Gift Certificate!

Thanks for looking! I hope you will all join in with the challenge! :-)

Challenges:
Christmas Card Throwdown:  Sketch
Dragonfly Journeys.  Christmas In July
A Snowflake Promise.  Christmas/ Winter
City Crafter.  2 Colours only
Shopping Our Stash. CAS
The Holly and the Ivy.  Anything Christmas

Simon Says Stamp #120 White Cardstock
Simon Says Stamp #120 White Cardstock
Shop at:
SSS
Ranger Watercolor Paper
Ranger Watercolor Paper
Shop at:
SSS
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Craft Die Set
Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangles Craft Die Set
Shop at:
SSS
Ranger Distress Oxide Broken China
Ranger Distress Oxide Broken China
Shop at:
SSS
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
Sizzix Big Shot Plus
Shop at:
SSS
Fiskars Reinforced Paper Trimmer
Fiskars Reinforced Paper Trimmer
Shop at:
SSS
Best Creation Big Squares 3D Adhesive
Best Creation Big Squares 3D Adhesive
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick
Distress Oxide Worn Lipstick
Shop at:
SSS
Distress Oxide Ink Pads Set of 12
Distress Oxide Ink Pads Set of 12
Shop at:
SSS
Scotch ATG Tape Glider
Scotch ATG Tape Glider
Shop at:
SSS
Tsukineko Sparkle Shimmer Spray
Tsukineko Sparkle Shimmer Spray
Shop at:
SSS
CAS-ual Fridays Funky Flakes Dies
CAS-ual Fridays Funky Flakes Dies
Shop at:
SSS
CAS-ual Fridays Snowy Sayings Clear Stamp Set
CAS-ual Fridays Snowy Sayings Clear Stamp Set
Shop at:
SSS
Hero Arts Prisma Sparkle Glitter
Hero Arts Prisma Sparkle Glitter
Shop at:
SSS


Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

9 comments:

AlisonC said...

This is a very sweet card in pink and blue. Fabulous inky background.
Thanks for playing along at Christmas Card Throwdown.

Mimi said...

Goodness, girl... you are good! Every year I say, "I'm gonna slay the Christmas cards..." then it's October and I panic... Thanks for sharing with us at SOS!

Marina said...

Love all the festive splashiness! Thanks for joining in at City Crafter.

Linda Kunsman said...

oh how I wish I was in France enjoying du fromage et du vin! Hope you had a most wonderful time. Such a lovely Christmas card. I refuse to go there yet but will regret it when there are a ton of cards to make just before:):)

Lucille K said...

There is just something about a Christmas card with pink. Great color choices for your lovely card. Thanks for joining us at City Crafters :)

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful card. Thank you for sharing with us at The Holly and Ivy challenge. Marlene

Donna said...

Fab card!
Love the splatters and the snowflakes together!!
Thanks for getting CAS with the crew from SHOPPING OUT STASH!

April Cheetham said...

Such a pretty colour combo! Thanks for joining us at CCT, April x

Jeannie said...

Hi Lorraine! Gorgeous card and I just love the background you created for these beautiful snowflakes. Thanks so much for joining my Christmas in July blog challenge :)

Jeannie T.
Dragonfly Journeys