Monday, April 3, 2017

Simon Says: Rainbows on the Monday Challenge










Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge

This week we are challenging you to

Make A Rainbow

this theme can be interpreted in many ways, you could choose to actually paint a rainbow or use a rainbow of bright colours on your project. We will be looking forward to seeing how you interpret this challenge!
We are showcasing Tim Holtz Products this week. You don't have to use them to join in, but if you have them we would love to see them used!

Did you see Tim's latest release and his new Oxide Inks!? I ordered the whole set recently and guess what! They arrived TODAY!!! WOO HOO!! This was my birthday gift to myself, because I'm worth it 😜



 If you need me you will find me in my crafty corner ;-) 
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

We are welcoming the lovely and super talented Amy Bethke aka Amy's Card Obsession into the Designer Spotlight. Please pop over to Amy's fabulous blog and see the awesome creations she has made!

I used a Tim Holtz Mini Frame to make a wall plaque using Mini Butterflies and Simon's Exclusive Rainbow and Chevron Cloud Dies


I started by colouring the rainbow using Festive Berries, Spiced Marmalade, Squeezed Lemonade, Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink Pads, it might not look exactly like a rainbow, but we are allowed some artistic license eh ;-) 

For the background I used Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Squeezed Lemonade and Spiced Marmalade. I then used Hickory Smoke and a Bubble Stencil and randomly stamped some script with black ink. When that was dry I used a Dot fade Stencil and White Embossing Paste.  


I love these new Mini Butterflies , aren't they gorgeous! 


I recently went to an art exhibition and the artist had pained his frames to extend his paintings, so I thought I would do the same. I applied gesso to the Mini Frame and then blended inks over it. 

I have to say I do love this panel and it is now decorating my craft room ;-)



Thanks for looking! 

So now it's YOUR turn to get creating! We would love you to have a go with mixed media. If you haven't tried it before then I guarantee you will find it fun! Just give it a whirl! 

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #sssmchallenge so we can see your entries there too





You have until Monday 8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Challenges:
Mixed Media World.  Anything Mixed Media 
Crafty Friends.   'B' is for Butterflies 
Artistic Inspirations.  Anything Goes 
Crafting From The Heart.  Anything Goes 
Altered Eclectics. Anything Goes Mixed Media 





Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

17 comments:

Catherine said...

This is so pretty, Lols! I love your background, the design on the clouds and beautiful rainbow. The sentiment is perfect too! I love this, it makes me happy just looking at it.

Cathie ♥

Macarena said...

Wow! What a great job I can see here! Absolutely love this panel! The rainbow is so amazing with the chevron clouds and butterflies. Great scene! Hugs, Marzena

Sandra said...

What a fabulous frame, Lols! Love the rainbow and the lovely butterflies. Gorgeous background too! Hugs, Sandra

Diane Louise J said...

Hello Lols... it’s so lovely to see you have shared one of your gorgeous projects with us. Thank you for entering your beautiful Butterfly wall plaque into our ‘B is for…’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
[Diane Louise, Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

Linda Kunsman said...

gorgeous!!! Great composition and layers. And yes, aren't those oxides amazing??? Happy birthday to you -so are you a Pisces too?

Andrea Ockey Parr said...

I really like the way you made this card! It is full of unique details and I love how you made the color pattern in your rainbow so original. The chevron pattern on the clouds looks amazing, too!

Maura said...

What a beautiful rainbow scene! Love the way you framed it and have the butterflies! What a fun birthday it must have been! hugs, Maura

Amy's Card Obsession said...

So cheerful and fun. Luv all the layers!

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Lorraine. Love the scene you created and how you did the rainbow :) .. so inspirational xxx Thank you for joining us at Crafty Friends and good luck xx

Jane Royston said...

I love your Altered frame! Fab colours and the butterflies look stunning. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month, Jane (DT) :) x

Emma Williams said...

What a gorgeous framed panel Lols...this is fabulous and I love the scene you've created, it's just beautiful! Hugs xxx

Meihsia Liu said...

Love this fabulous piece, Lols. The rainbow and the background colors are fantastic! :)

Judy McKay said...

Beautiful canvas. The colours are stunning. Thank you for joining us at Altered Eclectics this month. Hope to see you back here again soon. Judy DT

Anna-Karin said...

This is stunning Lols! I love how you extended the happy scene onto the frame and the rainbow and butterflies are so pretty.

Kath Stewart said...

love the scene you created...the rainbow and the butterflies are gorgeous...have fun with your happy mail birthday parcel...hugs kath xxx

Barbara said...

Love the scene and I adore to see how you used the same panel than me! Your rainbow is fantastic and butterflies absolutely gorgeous! i love the way you used Tim's tissue tape! Fabulous! barbara

CraftingMum said...

Lovely card thanks for sharing it with us at Artistic Inspirations. DT Louise x