Saturday, December 4, 2010

Fantasy Tree

I decided to make a non DT card today ,,, something I haven't had the time to do for ages !! I have been wanting to make a card that I can 'mass' produce as all my cards have gone to a fair to raise funds for the Gozo SPCA so now I need to make loads quickly for me to send !!

Will make 6 of these now :-)




The theme on the Penny Black Challenge is to stamp on anything except white card. I hope this is allowed ,, the card WAS white but as I didn't have any suitable grey I coloured it with Black Soot Distress Ink using a Tim Holtz blending tool.

This Penny Black Fantasy Tree is definitely my most inked stamp EVER !! I use it for so many occasions ,, such a beautiful and versatile stamp ,, I see the DT like it as a couple of them used it too :-) I stamped the tree onto the inked base using a Black Graphite Brilliance ink pad. i then dooted loads of Star Dust Stickles everywhere and made an icy floor with it too :-) The papers are from Papermania and I inked all the edges with pigment ink and embossed with silver EP. I used a Martha Stewart Himalayan Snowflake punch, 2 Woodware Snowflake punches and a MS Icicle punch too ,,, some silver/grey organza ribbon from my drawer and that was it ,, done !! :-)



Challenges :
Penny Black stamping on anything but white card.
Secret Crafter Saturday ,,,,, Christmas
Raise the Bar ,,,,, Trees
PaperPlay ,,,, Monochrome ,,2nd entry
Paper Romance ... Winter
Southern Girls ,,, Heat ,,2nd entry (I used embossing)
Stampavie and More ,,,, Snow/Snowflakes
Craft Your Passion ,,,, Monochrome

29 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Lorraine.

Hugs Riet.x

Squirrel x said...

Oh Lols, this is just fabulous. I really must get me that stamp! Stunning work hun. Hugs, Sxx

Christine said...

Gorgeous love the dif. colour combo great embossed tree. looks like it take ages to make too.

smiles Christine xx

Mandi said...

Beautiful card Lols Love the colors
I have this stamp and never used it!! Shamefull

madid x

Fiona said...

this is beautiful Lols..I love the colour combo asnd all the shimmer. This is one of my most favourite stamps ever...I love it!!

fi
x

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous Christmas Card

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Sue said...

Hi hun
gorgeous card, me fav tree, luv the design hun. sue,x

Lynne in NI said...

Beautiful! Love your fab sparkly tree and your colour combo is stunning!

The Crafty Goat Girl said...

Hi ya Lols, hope your keeping well and warm? I know what you mean about a non-dt card, I never seem to get time to make any these days, lol!

Your card is simply beautiful, I really love this tree stamp, I have it but have never used it. Thanks for the inspiration, must go find it. Oh nearly forgot, I love, love, love your snowflakes they are gorgeous!

Have a lovely weekend, hugs Heidi x

Dorte said...

It's beautiful, Lols.
hugs Dorte

Lil Daffodil said...

Hi Lorraine,
I love this image. You have used it to create a magnificent card. Gorgeous.
Hugs,
Fiona x

Tracy said...

Everything about this is perfect and special, I love it.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Glennis F said...

That tree stamp is so great - I love how you have used it

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Lorraine this is one of my most favourite stamps! I love what you have done with it and I really love the colour! :0)

Jeanet van der Lee said...

Great card, I know how it feels to make only DT cards and how nice it is to make something on your own design. As I said, your card looks great! Hugs, Jeanet

cheryl said...

oh hun this really is stunning such a classy design love that tree hugs cheryl xxxxx

Xushenka said...

Such a beautiful card! Love the black-and-white colors... Stickles looks really nice as snow here :) And the bow is cute! :)

Patricia Mae said...

Very pretty card, Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls.
~Patricia
PS please remember only one entry per person per challenge.

Whisper said...

Absolutely stunning, Luv Sam x

Dorte said...

Hi Lols! just want you to know that the stamp from the Wild Rose Studio blog hop arrived yesterday. She is a cutie.
hugs Dorte,xx

Joey said...

Lols its stunning hun, gorgeous gorgeous card think I am going to have to get this stamp, you and sue use it so beautifully! thanks for joining us at PBSC. Joey.xxx

ps: box in post :O) x

Sandra P said...

Oh my this is stunning! I have seen this stamp many times before and I think you might have sold me on it :)
Great Job!

Thanks for joining Paper Romance this week!

Hugs,
Sandra P

Kath Stewart said...

beautiful card lorraine.......thanks for joining in the fun at Penny Black Saturday...hugs kath xxx

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card.Love the shades of grey and black.A real touch of elegance.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion :D
Lisa x

Anonymous said...

Such a gorgeous tree and a beautiful layout and sparkle!! WOW!

corinne said...

very nice card ! thank you for joining us and good luck

karenw said...

I can see why you would use the tree often, it is so classic and beautiful. This card is stunning, it looks simple at first but the layers, just lovely!!Thanks for playing with us at southern gilrs.

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous Lols, love that tree.
luv
Debby

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Lorraine, this is so gorgeous! I need to learn to color like you. Thank you so much for playing with us at Paper Play! :)