Thursday, May 7, 2009

Card for a Cause :-)



I have made this card for a Post pal
The theme this week on the Cute Card Thursday Challenge is 'Happy Mail' We are asked to make a card for a sick child and post it, the difficult thing is choosing a child !! I have several cards so will be sending quite a few :-)
I am also entering this card for the Spoonful of Sugar Challenge whose theme is 'Touchy Feely' ( fab theme and very original !! )I used a velvet paw print ribbon and fun flocked the toes, the image is also has 3 layers so very 3D :-) I also added a little bell and I'll also leave the card overnight in Jessie's basket prior to posting to give it an authentic 'doggy' smell lol :-) Lots of senses stimulated there !! :-)
I used the fab sketch by Nikki on the One Stop Craft Challenge. I changed it to make a square card, I didn't mean to but when I took the card to the trimmer I had chopped it before I realised what I was doing !! I did mean to just score it down the middle !! duh !! Hope ya don't mind Nikki !!

The doggy image I used is a brand new one ( for me ) from Lili Of The Valley :-) I did feel that as I am a GD for 2 months I should make a card for their challenge using their stuff, but couldn't wait to ink this one up :-) Isn't he cute !!
The background paper and panel at the side are DCWV Pet's Stack, The ribbon was from Meiflower

I kept the card quite simple, the paper is busy enough !! :-)

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

There are only a couple of days left to enter my blog candy, you can see it at the top of my blog :-)

Thanks for looking, I appreciate your comments so please leave me one :-)

Lorraine x x

20 comments:

ribenaruby said...

Love the backing papers, so apt with this image and he is a cute puppy!

Deb said...

Fantastic card Lorraine, love the cute little doggy! Thank you so much for supporting Post Pals! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Have a great evening, Deb x

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is brill. My friend Cazz does the post pals thing too. Went onto the site and boy did it tug on the heart strings. What a great idea for a challenge blog to do. Hazelxo

Emma said...

Fantastic card...love the doggie and the papers.
Emma x

Sue said...

Brill card Lorraine, fabby image luv the way the circles look like paw print, who ever gets it will luv it hun, sue.x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Another brilliant creation Lorraine. The way you turned the circle elements into a paw print is inspired! Fantastic. Thanks for joining the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Caryn said...

Wow, that is super-cute. That doggy is gorgeous!

Thanks for playing along at ASOS and for your lovley comments on my blog (*blush*).

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Dawn said...

Cute card - love that image!

Tab said...

Oh what a sweet card! Love the image, so cute!
Hugs Tab xxx

Andrea, said...

Oh this is fab Lorraine, the little dog is so cute. have a great weekend

Ginny said...

how cute is that image! fab card :0)

Anne said...

awwwwwwwwwww what a cutie Lorriane
hugs
Anne x

brenda said...

Hi Lorraine, great card, love all the colours and the image is so sweet.

Brenda x

Crafting Queen said...

Love it. Love the image and the papers work so well together.
hugs anesha

Julie said...

A lovely card for a child, beautifully done.

Lyn said...

What a brilliant card Lorraine, I love it

Unknown said...

Fantastic card Lorraine, plenty of touchy feely, lol at putting it in Jessie's bed.

Joanne x

Donna said...

Oh wow, love how you made the sketch into a paw, fabulous idea and great card. Thanks for joining in the one stop craft challenge.Donna x

Samantha Mellor said...

LOvely furry friend sure to cheer someone.Hugs SamXX

Post Pals said...

Thank you for sending some cards and creating a smiles for Post Pal children :)

Best Wishes

Vikki
www.postpals.co.uk